Here’s what you’ll be doing:
You’ll be working with the Development Team for a Government Off the Shelf (GOTS) Software Product that is currently in development. Duties in this position will include:
- Maintaining, enhancing, and developing new web applications in a variety of languages and frameworks/libraries (Angular, Vue, React, etc.).
- Developing UI/UX designs including wireflows and mockups
- Converting wireframes and mockups into web components using libraries such as Angular Material and Sass.
- Documenting code and workflows (in-code comments, internal wikis and documents, flowcharts, etc.)
- Collaboration on peer reviews with other developers to ensure functionality and good coding practices before release.
- Participate in Scrum agile development process, including being active in ceremonies (standups, sprint reviews, etc.) and suggest improvements to team processes.
- Participate in ongoing discussions around new technologies and front-end architecture, recommending system changes and enhancements as appropriate.
- Learn new and emerging technologies while expressing a growth mindset and participating in professional development.
Here’s what you’ll need:
You must have a Bachelor’s degree at minimum, in a relevant field such Software Development, System Engineering, or similar. Also, we’re looking for someone with 3+ years full-time professional experience in the area of Software Development. Finally, you must possess or have the ability to obtain an active Secret Clearance. Lacking any one of these disqualifies you from this job.
You also must have:
- Strong understanding of modern web development architectures
- Proven production experience with at least one front-end development framework.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and Gitlab
- A strong work ethic
- The ability to work as a team with teammates with differing specialties and backgrounds
- A drive to learn and grow on a great team in an amazing company
Other qualifications we hope you bring to the table:
- Proficient understanding of the Angular (preferred), Vue, or React web frameworks
- Experience with data visualization techniques and libraries
- Familiarity with automated front end testing frameworks
- Experience developing with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java and Kotlin.
- Technical Writing Experience