In this role, you will build a functional engineering team responsible for all mechanisms used on X-Bow launch vehicles and support systems. This includes initial trades, conceptual designs, requirement definition and verification, development tests and qualification. This person will write test plans, as well as support the test team and help evaluate the results of a test. The team lead will efficiently design mass and cost-efficient assemblies. Operations applicable to this role may include propellant manufacture, insulation manufacture and machining, rocket motor assembly operations, machining, metal forming, assembly, and material handling.
- B.S. degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrated professional experience with complex mechanical systems such as payload deployment, quick disconnects, hold-down release systems, modern manufacturing and material handling, etc
- 5+ years of experience in leading direct reporting and indirect/matrixed program team members
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. Person as defined by ITAR